freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS on Mac OS X 10.3.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mike Galban" <MGalban AT Merion.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS on Mac OS X 10.3.3
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:13:11 -0400

Hello all,
I'm new to FreeTDS and ODBC in general but am very interested in getting it
to work properly. So far I've been able to build and install on OS X 10.3.3
using the guides and helpful hints from the archives. Using tsql I've
connected to and queried my company's MSSQL db and have gotten back the
desired results. One thing that I haven't gotten to work is the building of
the ODBC driver, at least that's what I can only assume. Looking for
libtdsodbc.so in /usr/local/freetds/lib turns up nothing. I can't find it
anywhere. I do have several .a .la and .dylib files in
/usr/local/freetds/lib. Should I be pointing to one of the these files as the
driver? Any help is greatly appreciated.
-mg