freetds - RE: [freetds] bcp broken on TDS 5.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] bcp broken on TDS 5.0
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:24:31 +0100

it *MAY* not be freeTDS that's (generically) problematic, it *MAY* be ASE
12.5

The bcp data sent down the wire to a Sybase server is an image of a row as
it is physically stored within the database
It may well be that Sybase have changed how row data is stored in 12/12.5
...and that therefore our bcp data is being misinterpreted by the server.

SQL server on the other hand sends a bcp data stream in the known TDS ROW
message format, the server taking care of inserting the data into the
tables....

Bill