freetds - RE: [freetds] RE: SQLServer2000 and version 0.63

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gregg Anderson" <ganderson AT ghx.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] RE: SQLServer2000 and version 0.63
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:12:40 -0600

Thanks. I am happy as a clam that I have this option because we were running
into dead end after dead end... We are only planning on doing straight
selects but may be returning large result sets.

So far, we were able to return 25,800 records w/3 columns in 9 seconds. Not
bad considering the SQL Server is running on a beat down Compaq PIII 866
laptop.

I will keep you updated on our progress if anyone else is interested in
Oracle heterogeneous services connecting to SQL Server 2000.

--Gregg