freetds - RE: [freetds] Newcomer to FreeTDS - in search of sample C code fo r a relative b eginner

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Newcomer to FreeTDS - in search of sample C code fo r a relative b eginner
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:30:54 +0100

Hi Andy,

Welcome to FreeTDS - You've done well so far....

The API's you can use are industry standard.

1) db-library as documented by Sybase (on their website) or MS (in SQL
server books online)
2) ct-library as documented by Sybase
3) ODBC

I'd recommend db-library myself unless you are already familiar with sybase
ct-library

in our source you'll find src/dblib/unittests , src/ctlib/unittests ,
src/odbc/unittests

therein are many test programs which server well as examples of how to use
the API's

as an alternative to tsql, you can download sqsh (www.sqsh.org) which can be
configured to use freetds libraries (instead of sybase's libraries)

this provides a robust and fully functional equivalent to "isql" .

If you have any more questions, just ask...

regards,

Bill