freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: Installing FreeTDS on MacOS X Panther - Solution

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dmitri Fedortchenko <dimo AT angelhill.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: Installing FreeTDS on MacOS X Panther - Solution
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:12:40 +0100

On Mar 12, 2004, at 08:11, Daniel Fazekas wrote:

Most people use the simple workaround as discovered by John Gilmore-Baldwin and now also mentioned in the documentation since 0.62:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003q4/014249.html

It's actually pretty easy to apply and doesn't require you to install a new libtool.

I missed that part, must be getting old, I spent a bunch of hours looking.
I see it now, it is a quicker way. Still, it might be useful to have a new libtool to someone... heh

3. Go to your freetds dir and run "./configure --disable-libiconv --disable-odbc"

There should be no need to disable libiconv support on Panther. It works well with the iconv supplied with it.

Well I tried building it a bunch of times and it failed every time unless I disabled libiconv... So maybe mine was broken, but I even tried installing the latest libiconv from GNU, still couldnt get it to compile. The also still README says to disable it...heh
On the other hand I was not using the latest bleeding edge CVS version of freetds...Just the current snapshot...

ODBC should also compile and build fine. Getting it to work though is another question. ;)

I agree, but I tried to make sure that it works and compiles without a problem, so as to avoid pain upon the part of the installee. And since odbc doesnt work, compiling it seems pointless at this time.

//Dmitri