freetds - [freetds] Sybase libs for python/freeTDS use?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Fillmore <tfillmore AT fit.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase libs for python/freeTDS use?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:55:32 -0800

Hi, all -

I'm new to this list so please forgive me if this is answered anyplace else -
I looked through the archives and didn't find anything direct, so here goes...

I would like to use Python with FreeTDS, and know about the Sybase package
for Python. Unfortunately client libraries are also needed from Sybase, and
the link on the Sybase package website (the .au site) is incorrect and the
Sybase corporate webserver doesn't list just the client libraries as a
downloadable item. I know the whole Sybase server package can be downloaded
but I really don't want to do that for a number of reasons.

Does anyone know where I can get these necessary files?

Thanks in advance

Tom Fillmore