freetds - [freetds] SQL Query troubles

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Orton <sorton9999 AT usa.net>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Query troubles
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:56:43 -0500

Howdy folks,

I seem to be having problems with the following query:

SELECT * FROM table1 WHERE Target_ID=(SELECT DISTINCT Target_ID FROM table2
WHERE PlatformTypeID=62 AND db_ctx_id=3)

The application that sends this query intermittently hangs. I have to
restart the app and send simpler queries that give back data in order for the
above query to finally work.
The output file I have does not contain error output and the last entry is
the query packet with nothing after. I guess it may get confused with the
double selects or possibly the DISTINCT keyword??

Any ideas? As always, I would appreciate any input you may have:)

BTW, this is while using the 20031218 release on a Linux C++ client app
getting at a SQLServer 7.0 DB.

steve---

Steven Orton
sorton9999 AT usa.net
--
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour.