freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc4

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc4
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:48:20 -0600

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:44:13PM +0100, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/current/freetds-
> > release-candid
> > ate.tgz

> > The above symlink points to freetds-0.62rc4.tar.gz, a copy of
> > last night's snapshot. This candidate incorporates Nick's
> > 64-bit fixes from yesterday.

> > My 64-bit NetBSD/Alpha machine passed all unit tests for this
> > release, with no warnings from the old GCC compiler. We have
> > positive feedback on Tru64, AIX, HP/UX, Mac OS X, FreeBSD,
> > NetBSD, and of course Linux. Did I leave anyone out?

> Did you check ODBC too ? iODBC, unixODBC ??
> 64-bit ODBC seems a bit broken... MS documentation (even from website)
> is not correct and unixODBC seems to rely to SIZEOF_LONG (which can be
> undefined...). However I would like to know if problem is in unixODBC or
> in FreeTDS...

The ODBC spec is incomplete for 64-bit architectures. I've submitted
some patches to unixODBC to try to improve this state of affairs, but I
don't recall if they are now enabled by default in the latest version,
or if unixODBC still conforms to the (broken) letter of the spec.

Debian, at least, ships unixODBC with this code enabled.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer