freetds - RE: [freetds] freetds-0.62 rc3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] freetds-0.62 rc3
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:20:20 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I've been testing RC3 on Solaris 2.6
>
> tds unittests all passed with 1 exception - the "flags"
> program fails when run against SQL 2K / TDS 7/8 I'm pretty
> sure we know about this. It's a badly designed test rather
> than anything else.

I never understood why this tests fails on your server... It passed
always on my servers (mssql2k, mssql7 and sybase 11.9.2)... however I
wrote this test mainly to test FOR BROWSE clause and hidden field. These
flags are required for ODBC using cursors (I don't know if is required
for other libraries...) however cursors are not supported under ODBC so
this is not a stopover for 0.62 (perhaps it would be also fine to
disable it...). I'd like to know where the test fails...

> dblib unittests all passed.
>
> ctlib unittests all passed
>
> odbc unit tests (using unixodbc) - 2 failures , "funccall"
> and "transaction". Are these known about ?

No, they should work (they work using both Linux and HP/UX) :(
If you can enable dump and send output I'll have a look.