freetds - Re: [freetds] bcp missing patch chunk.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] bcp missing patch chunk.
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:30:42 -0500

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:30:30 -0500, christos AT zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas)
wrote:

> So I dowloaded the rc2 version [please bump the version in the future
> if you make changes, there seem to be too many rc2's now]. The one in
> nightly compiles, the one that is marked release candidate does not.

Tomorrow's will be rc3. I probably should have left it as .dev.<date>.

Sorry for the borked rc2 tarball.

> I found that a chunk of the patch that I sent was not applied, and I
> think I sent the second chunk in another patch today that should fix
> freddy's problem. The first part absolutely necessary. The second is
> untested and should only affect tds < 7.0.

Thank you. It applied cleanly.

Bill is right: the bcp unit test uses delimited files and doesn't exactly
test your patch. I'll take a closer look. And I should be able to vet
Freddy's bt; I have a Sybase server here.