freetds - Re: [freetds] version bumping

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] version bumping
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:44:52 -0500

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
wrote:
> I already bumped libTDS version
>
> For ctlib there is only a difference (removed added
> functions/structures)
>
> -#define CS_NO_COUNT 57
> +#define CS_NO_COUNT TDS_NO_COUNT
> (where TDS_NO_COUNT == -1)
> Do we can remove this difference keeping same version info

Steve Langaksek is our resident .so authority. For my money, we should
bump ct-lib, because it has new functionality. For example, if we don't
bump it, and someone uses cursors, they could potentially try to link to
0.61, which would of course be bad. For the cursor, that is.

Similarly, db-lib has rpc functions that 0.61 didn't.

> In dblib we exported (in public headers) _bcp_*** functions... Not good
> very good... We have to bump version and still we export private
> structure/functions... IMHO we should remove ASAP structure from our
> headers...

Agreed. In fact, the .h files need another overhaul. sybdb.h shouldn't
include tds.h, because tds.h is home to many internal definitions.