freetds - RE: [freetds] Problem during "make check" unittest failsdueto"missing" library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problem during "make check" unittest failsdueto"missing" library
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:03:30 +0100

> Il mer, 2003-12-17 alle 19:48, Jason Luros ha scritto:
> > Freddy,
> > Using the same configure switches and the nightly snapshot,
> > freetds-0.62.dev.20031217, make check finishes but still ends in
> > error. I have attached the output of the odbctest section.
> FYI, we are
> > using libiodbc-3.51.1 and SQL Server 7.0. With the tsql
> binary built I
> > am able to connect to all databases, but using the iodbctest binary
> > from libiodbc, I am only able to connect to 2 of my 3
> databases. I'm
> > not sure if that is related, because the database I cannot
> connect to
> > is a new database, and the issue might be server-side.
> Thanks for any
> > insight you can provide.
> >
> > Jason
> >

> I got many less problems... only 3 tests fails...
>
> 1- moreandcount
> SQLNumResultCols return previous rows however MS docs state:
>
> SQLNumResultCols can be called successfully only when the
> statement is in the prepared, executed, or positioned state.
>
> However it didn't state who (DM or driver) should to this
> check... fixed in CVS
>

> 2- connect
> SQLDriverConnect seem to not read odbcinst.ini as it
> should... IMHO it's a iODBC TODO..
>

> 3- funccall
> Similar moreandcount issue, fixed in CVS
>

> Tomorrow I'll test with a mssql trying to reproduce your
> output; if I won't be able to do it I'll ask for your help...

Now with updated CVS and tested with a mssql2k server (using TDS 7.0 and
8.0) but only connect test fail...

Can you retry your tests enabling odbc trace and TDSDUMP and reporting
logs of failure (do not include connect test, remove reserved data from
log) ?

freddy77

  • RE: [freetds] Problem during "make check" unittest failsdueto"missing" library, ZIGLIO Frediano, 12/18/2003