freetds - Re: [freetds] short read during bcp?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] short read during bcp?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:45:37 -0500

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
wrote:
> Hey James,

Hi Bill,

> You mean two dblib connections each using the dblibrary bcp api ?

Yes. Keep two open db-lib bcp connections, writing alternately to one or
the other.

The data are about companies. I get a company record, then a bunch of
company time-series details, then another company record, etc. I keep
enough connections open at once that I can choose my output pipe according
to where I am in the input record.
I'll simplify first by reducing the test to one connection or the other.
There are a lot of variables: quite a lot of newly ported code atop
FreeTDS, new (to me) OS and tools, 64-bit little endian architecture, and
quite a few changes to FreeTDS (although not so much in the BCP system).
It may take awhile to isolate.

> I can't see why two seperate dblib connections couldn't each be bcping
> simultaneously
> are these separate threads of the same process ? perhaps thread-safety
> is an issue...

No, no threads.

It's going to be an interesting day....

Regards,