freetds - [freetds] Error when establishing ODBC connection using FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Yash Ganthe <yashgt AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Error when establishing ODBC connection using FreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:47:32 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to connect to an SQL Server 2000 database
running on a Win2000 server. The ODBC entry is made on
the Windows machine, and it has the name LocalServer.
I am trying to establish the connection from an HP-UX
11.0 machine.

I have iODBC 3.51.1
I have freeTDS 0.61.2

My odbc.ini file is
;
; odbc.ini
;
; $Id: odbc.ini,v 1.8 2002/03/25 09:11:44 source Exp
$
;
; Systemwide ODBC parameters
;
[ODBC Data Sources]
JDBC = Sybase JDBC Server

[JDBC]
Driver =
/home/ganthey/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.sl
Description = Sybase JDBC Server
Host = Venice
ServerType = Odbc
UserName = sa
Password = mypass
Database = LocalServer
ReadOnly = no

[Default]
Driver =
/home/ganthey/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.sl

I have set the ODBCINI env variable to point to this
file.

The odbcinst.ini is
;
; odbcinst.ini
;
; $Id: odbcinst.ini,v 1.3 2002/03/25 09:11:44 source
Exp $
;
; Systemwide ODBC installation parameters
;
[ODBC Drivers]
OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver = Installed

[OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver]
Driver = /home/openlink/lib/oplodbc.sl
Setup = /home/openlink/lib/oplodbc.sl

[OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (Unicode)]
Driver = /home/openlink/lib/oplodbcu.sl
Setup = /home/openlink/lib/oplodbcu.sl

[Sybase JDBC Driver]
Driver = /home/ganthey/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.sl

I have set the ODBCINST env variable to point to this
file.

I have compiled and installed iOdbc driver manager
under /home/ganthey/siodbc.
I have also installed freeTDS to serve as by ODBC
drivers.

When I run : odbctest JDBC
I get the following errors:
OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's
SQLSetConnectOption failed, SQLSTATE=IM006
SQLDriverConnect = Could not find UID parameter,
SQLSTATE=IM007

Have a nice day.

Can you tell me what I might have done wrong?

Thanks