freetds - RE: [freetds] OpenOffice problems - quote or not quote ? (was "Er ror in SQLGetInfo for SQL_FILE_USAGE")

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] OpenOffice problems - quote or not quote ? (was "Er ror in SQLGetInfo for SQL_FILE_USAGE")
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:21:01 -0000

Freddy,

Am I going over old ground to tell you that the SQL server books online says
this (in the section on SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER)

"The SQL Server ODBC driver and Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
automatically set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER to ON when connecting.
This can be configured in ODBC data sources, in ODBC connection attributes,
or OLE DB connection properties.
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER defaults to OFF for connections from DB-Library
applications."

Bill