freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-dev on Solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-dev on Solaris
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:08:16 -0500

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:48:34 -0500, "Jeremy Kister"
<freetds-01 AT jeremykister.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:47 AM, James K. Lowden wrote:
> > Tell me if it works with 7.0. If so, we've definitely
> > isolated it, and it
> > won't be hard to fix (he says, famous last words).
>
> nope :-/. Same error.

Crumb. This is going to be a slog.

Bill Thompson, do you have any suggestions?

I'll send you a patch in the next day or so that adds a bunch of logging
statements, so we can narrow down what's happening.

> also, tsql still gives:
> locale is "C"
> locale charset is "646"
>
> even though I've set the client charset = ISO-8859-1 in the
> /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf and compiled with --with-tdsver=7.0

Oh, that's OK. tsql is reporting the environment, not the freetds.conf
setting. You haven't set a LANG variable or anything, so reports the
default "C" locale.

Thanks for sticking with us, Jeremy. Whatever it is, it's worth fixing,
and it can't be fixed without a willing guinea pig.