freetds - RE: [freetds] tsql fails on HP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] tsql fails on HP
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:41:29 -0500

You might try reconfiguring and rebuilding FreeTDS with
"--disable-threadsafe".

It would be interesting for us to see the functional prototype for
getpwuid_r(). Perhaps they differ from what Frediano tested with.
tds_get_homedir() is, curiously, one of the hairier functions.

Could we see the output of "grep UID include/config.h"?

Also, you don't mention which version of FreeTDS you're using. You might
have better luck with a development snapshot.

> Do I need to set any flag in config file ???

No.

HTH.

--jkl

> #0 0xc0219d9c in getpwuid_r () from /usr/lib/libc.2
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0xc0219d9c in getpwuid_r () from /usr/lib/libc.2
> #1 0xc112c20c in tds_get_homedir () at threadsafe.c:235
> #2 0xc1123aa0 in tds_get_home_file (file=0x70f9bdd8 ".freetds.conf")
> at config.c:210
> #3 0xc1123c84 in tds_read_conf_file (connect_info=0x40004818,
> server=0x40004500 "SYBASEDRIVER") at config.c:247
> #4 0xc11236b8 in tds_read_config_info (tds=0x0, login=0x40003ac0,
> locale=0x40003b28) at config.c:143
> #5 0x4a10 in main (argc=5, argv=0x70fe06b0) at tsql.c:431
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.