freetds - [freetds] --enable-threadsafe default

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] --enable-threadsafe default
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:46:20 -0400

We default to --enable-threadsafe. If we're going that way with the
release, then at the very least we *must* document which OSes are known to
work, and which are known not to. I think the answer to date is: Linux
yea, all else nae.

If we can compile the list, perhaps we can autodetect the OS and adjust
the default for --enable-threadsafe=[yes|no] accordingly.

Are you using Linux and can't --enable-threadsafe?

Are you using --enable-threadsafe with anything else?

(If some kind person wants to compile this list, I'd like that very much.)

Thanks.