freetds - Re: [freetds] TDSICONVINFO **iconv_info

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] TDSICONVINFO **iconv_info
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:45:57 -0400

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
wrote:

> > > Freddy, I don't understand this change:
> > >
> > > - TDSICONVINFO *iconv_info;
> > > + TDSICONVINFO **iconv_info;
> This solution seem quite easier for me... I know we allocate many
> dinamic buffers but I didn't find another better solution.

Freddy,

Solution to what? I would rather we not do this, because it's more
complex and we're not solving a real, concrete problem, just something we
think might come up. Better to see if it does, first, and see what to do
then.

But. You're a developer and you wrote the code. I assume it works. The
only reason it's not committed is technical: if your connection were
working properly, this would already be in CVS. I won't use the fact that
I happen to be the gatekeeper at the moment to stand in your way.

I've stated my objection. No one else voiced any. If you still want the
patch committed as-is, I'll do it tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.

Regards,