freetds - Re: [freetds] ct_dynamic()/ct_param() support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Frediano Ziglio" <freddyz77 AT lycos.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ct_dynamic()/ct_param() support
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:40:00 -0700

>I haven't been following the latest developments here very closely, but
>I've been tasked with developing a perl DBI driver specifically for
>FreeTDS. I'll base it off DBD::Sybase, and of course use the CT-Lib
>interface.
>
>One of the features that has been lacking in FreeTDS was the support for
>?-style placeholders, which in Client Library are implemented via
>ct_dynamic() and ct_param() - so my question is: how close (or far) is
>FreeTDS to support that feature for MS-SQL servers?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Michael

Problem is not MS-SQL or Sybase, problem is CTLib. Code for dynamic was in
FreeTDS since 0.61 (with some bugs..) however it still works! I did many
updates for ODBC but CTLib is not my library (I don't know even how to submit
a dynamic query using CTLib...). Looking at code I saw a lot of TODO. No
tds_submit_prepare/tds_submit_execute are called however code for parameters
seem present (for RPC). Bill is preparing a patch for CTLib but I don't know
is this patch include dynamic implementation.