freetds - Re: [freetds] Multiple result sets?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen, ITS" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Multiple result sets?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:27:56 -0600

> When I said "play games", I meant that nothing prevents a higher
> layer from opening a new connection to manage a second result set.
> Perl's DBD::Sybase does that sometimes. From what I read about PHP,
> I doubt it does anything so fancy.

PHP may not be that smart, but your script could be. I've done it a couple
of times myself -- opened 2 connections so I could issue parallel queries.
Worked OK.

- Darryl

Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca
Education & Research Technology Services, http://gollum.usask.ca/
Information Technology Services Division,
University of Saskatchewan
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"