freetds - [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 8, Issue 8

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "David Nsengiyumva" <davidn AT finsolutions.co.za>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 8, Issue 8
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:28:54 +0200

Hi there,

I am trying to connect to a MS SQL Server from a Win2000 client and I am
trying to use FreeTDS as my driver. I managed to compile and build a static
Borland Builder FreeTDS library and can send and receive packets when
connecting. In the "tds_connect(TDSSOCKET * tds, TDSCONNECTINFO *
connect_info)" function I've hard coded some of the needed data such as the
name of the server, the port number, etc. And I've used the "gethostbyname"
function to resolve the IP address from the server name (I am really working
with the tds library here). I am still using the non-blocking socket and
have setup a time out of 2000 (I guessed its in milliseconds!!). I have
included the necessary files (like <winsock.h>) and have also done the
necessary initialization like using "WSAStartup" and so.

When I check the dump file I can see that It recorded the connecting packet
and received some packets as well. But then wehn I try to execute a query,
in the "tds_check_socket_write(TDSSOCKET *tds)" the select function fails
and return an error code of 10038. Checked with msdn the error means that:
"Socket operation on non-socket.
An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. Either the
socket handle parameter did not reference a valid socket, or for select, a
member of an fd_set was not valid".

Can anybody help with this????? It's kind of urgent....

David

  • [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 8, Issue 8, David Nsengiyumva, 09/08/2003