freetds - [freetds] FW: Break char (\0)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Eales" <m.eales AT ims.telstra.com.au>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FW: Break char (\0)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:06:04 +0800

I am using DBI v1.37 with DBD-Sybase 0.94 and freetds V0.60
I seem to be getting \0 appended to the end of the strings returned
through the DBI.
I have tried different versions of the DBD-Sybase and freetds and still
have the same problem.

Is there someway that I can get freetds to strip this char ?

Also, if I could get freetds to globally strip of other nominated chars as
well (eg \n and/or \r) as well, it would be of great assistance.
I can do this a the Perl interpreter level, but it is quite resource
expensive.
If it could be done at the machine code (driver level), it would be much
more efficient.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Michael Eales