freetds - RE: [freetds] Problem with data type conversions and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problem with data type conversions and FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:43:01 +0200

> Yes, like I said I am using FreeTDS.tar.gz 0.61 which was
> compiled to use 8.0 as the protocol version - and this is
> what I use when I establish a connection. So is my code (as
> far as TDS is concerned) correct? This is starting to get a
> little frustrating! Could I cast the field value to a
> TDS_UNIQUE structure? Or is this what tds_convert should be doing?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Your code is correct. You can cast value to TDS_UNIQUE, tds_convert
should convert it to string for you.
Try setting TDSDUMP environment variable and check you are really using
TDS8 or try setting TDSVER to "8.0" (or "7.0"). tsql do conversion in
the same way...

$ ./src/apps/tsql -SXXXX -Usa
locale is "en_US"
using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server OPDN014, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1> select newid()
2> go

3231E85A-FF29-45F2-9FE9-D544454C32BE