freetds - Re: [freetds] iconv problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] iconv problem
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:46:08 -0400

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:34:48 +0200, "ZIGLIO Frediano"
<Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com> wrote:

> > > tds_put_string should manage string in chunk but it return
> > after first
> > > tds_iconv (cause it return -1) and return 0 as bytes_out...
> > On E2BIG
> > > error tds_iconv add a message to client but doing chunk conversion
> > > this is not the right behavior...
> >
> > I'll fix this. Error is calling tds_iconv with unaltered
>
> IMHO len and outbytesleft are correct...

Well, if tds_put_string() submits a too-long input buffer (unmodified len)
how is tds_iconv() supposed to know not to emit an error message?

I committed a change the corrects the problem, and applied your patch.
Thanks for pointing it out.

> I don't think to have many time for some day to dedicate to FreeTDS

It will be nice to have you back when you have the time. :-)

Regards,