freetds - Re: [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Silberberg" <jsilberberg AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:00:35 -0400

Steve,

The reference to DB2 caught my attention in your recent reply. On
another list we have been discussing the need for an iSeries interface to MS
SQL, and other DBs and the possibility of porting FreeTDS to the iSeries ?
I am very interested in what you think of the concept since you are
obviously more familiar with this code than I am..

> The goal was to link against the libodbc in place of a driver manager for
> those systems that don't have shared libraries e.g. OpenBSD/mvme88k :-)
> The IBM DB2 cli library also does this. Also, the way I interpret the
> ODBC API, the driver is responsible for some of these value checks.
> Microsoft clearly marks which sqlstates the driver manager returns and
> which sqlstates the driver returns. They may be implemented by some
> driver managers, but an assumption is an assumption is an assumption...
> . I also could have gone a bit overboard. :-)

Thks,
JMS...