freetds - [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Applying Steve Murphee patch
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:12:28 -0000

I'm merging Steve patch. However there are some things I don't like very
much and other I just want to discuss:
- static buffer. product name, dsn and other use static buffer, I think
in a second time to transform them in dynamic one
- zstring functions. There are already functions to work with string in
libtds...
- checks. Steve added some check (parameters value checks) that should
be done by DM, not by driver
- DSN entries. Configuration from DSN (but not from string) was modified
breaking backward compatibility (freetds.conf configuration removed). I
don't dislike the idea of others entries.
- native_sql. It's a copy&paste of prepare_call...
- tds_login in TDS_DBC. tds_login was thought as a temporary structure,
is used only to store username.
- error handling. Error handling was mainly rewritten. I don't
understand why...

I'm a bit perfectionist, I know...

The patch is very good and add many things, mainly attributes
descriptors, however require some fix.

I'm blindfolded (I did an operation, don't worry) so I can't merge it
very quickly...
Next week I'll be in London for some day. I hope to meet Bill...

bye