freetds - Re: [freetds] sqsh and msrepl_tran_version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Arnar Birgisson" <ArnarB AT oddi.is>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] sqsh and msrepl_tran_version
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:42:27 +0000

msrepl_tran_version is of SQL Server specific type uniqueidentifier,
which is a 16-byte value. I don't know how it appears in the protocol,
wheter it's the raw 16 bytes, or if it's a hex string (which is accepted
as the input for such fields) on the form
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Arnar

>>> jklowden AT schemamania.org 7.7.2003 12:24:46 >>>
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 03:59:15 +0000 (GMT), Andrew Stevenson
<andrews AT ntt.net.au> wrote:
> I have a database hosted under MS-SQL that I connect to via freetds
> (0.60). The DB is replicated to another server and so the magical
field
> msrepl_tran_version appears in all the tables. I am unable to run a
> query that returns this field.
>
> Using sqsh I get no results, just the colomn headings. Using perl/DBI
> get:
>
> error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.

The error message means FreeTDS couldn't convert the data sent by the
server into the form requested by sqsh because the target datatype was
too
small. That would be the case if for example your "magical field"
were
datatype numeric(18) whose value was larger than 2^31, and sqsh tried
create an integer from it.

If you need more help, please provide the datatype and value. You can
find the value in the TDSDUMP log file.