freetds - [freetds] Special character problem with php freetds cron

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Oliver Baden <obaden AT yahoo.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Special character problem with php freetds cron
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:54:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I have been trying to solve this problem for the past
week and am not getting any further.

I have a php-script which is fired by a cron job and
is supposed to build html-files by filling a template
with data from a MSSQL-2000 database.

When I run this script from console everything works
fine. Doing the same by cron job all the german
special characters are not read properly from
database. The umlaut-characters are retrieved as
question-marks.

The data being retrieved is stored in ntext fields.

I tried to change some settings in the locales.conf
but either I am not setting it right or locales.conf
is ignored by cron.

My locales.conf
[de_DE]
language = german
char set = iso_1 (also tried UTF8)

Please excuse if this is not the right board for
posting this but I have already seen some similar
requests which looked like the people had the same
problems.

My configuration:
php 4.3.2
SuSe Linux 8.2