freetds - [freetds] RE: Charset conversion with Sybase ASE 12.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "jose" <jramos AT cherrytel.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RE: Charset conversion with Sybase ASE 12.0
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:07:31 +0200

Hello:

I´m using freetds-0.61with php-4.2.3 and sql server 7.0. and I have
configured the freetds.conf with this parametres:

[sqlserver]
host = XX.XX.XX.XX
port = XXXX
tds version = 7.0
client charset = iso_1

My problem is when I try insert one registrer with a string that contains
the character ' or the character ", one error ocurrs. If you see the insert
sentence in the error message you can look that this character is now
protected with \, and I haven´t put this protection.

May be this error ocurrs because I put a wrong client charset?

UN CORDIAL SALUDO

José Ramos Caballero
Ingeniero de Sistemas. Cherrytel Comunicaciones S.L.
jramos AT cherrytel.com