freetds - Re: [freetds] unixODBC and FreeTDS trouble after upgrading to 0.61

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Joel Apter" <japter AT ibxtech.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixODBC and FreeTDS trouble after upgrading to 0.61
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:38:35 -0400

Thank you for your quick response. After searching through the mailing list
archives somewhat more thoroughly I found my answer here:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003q2/012505.html

However, it took me quite a while to realize this was the solution to my
problem since I was modifying my /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini file to make the
appropriate changes while my ~/.odbc.ini file was remaining unchanged (and
continued to retain to improper settings). Little did I know that the
system first checks your ~/.odbc.ini and then /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
(totally my fault as this is a standard method of doing things, oh well).
Hopefully this will help anyone else with a similar problem.

Also, maybe in the documentation it should be noted (in bold or something,
hehe), that .61 changed the way the servername/host variable gets passed
around between the driver and the driver manager to notify people that their
driver managers' settings must be changed after this type of upgrade
(actually, maybe I was just using strange settings that required this
modification?). Anyways, thanks for the help...

-Joel