freetds - [freetds] How to run on freeBSD

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alan Pettigrew" <alan AT pettigrew.fsnet.co.uk>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How to run on freeBSD
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:53:15 +0100

I had terrible problems getting freeTDS and ODBC to run on FeeeBSD, but I
have finally cracked it.

unixODBC and freetds must be compiled WITHOUT THREADING, otherwise the
connect crashes in tds/login.c.

I got freetds working by compiling without threading, but I didn't think of
unixODBC. As soon as I rebuilt that, it all worked.

Yippee, I can use Perl, and PHP can wait a while.

Alan