freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS performance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT mail.vodafone.it>
  • To: "Freetds (E-mail)" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS performance
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:22:56 +0200

I'm doing some test on performance.
My (simple) test is execute "SELECT TOP 300 * FROM syscomments" on mssql2k
with tsql (linux) and sql query analyzer (linux). Computer are connected on
the same LAN (eth 100 full)
It seem that tsql is slower. I tried to increase tcp buffer (with setsockopt)
on login.c and seem better

Query analyzer tsql (CVS) tsql (with 32kb of buffer)
12 60 41
13 56 45
(time in seconds to get and print all rows)

Before going deeply with profiling anyone have a hint on this problem?
Perhaps is cause I'm connected to Linux machine via SSH too ? Machine are
quite different (P2 400MHZ with 64Mb and P3 1GHZ with 512Mb)... however
network should be much slower than display...