freetds - RE: [freetds] Stored Procedure Output Parameters Not Being Return ed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Stored Procedure Output Parameters Not Being Return ed
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:44:23 -0400

Tim,

You may be familar with the New Hampshire Yankee who, when asked for
directions, replied, "You can't get there from here."

You're suffering from Microsoft's change in behavior. As of SP3, "exec @p
@a out" will not return any value for @a over the wire. Period. You can't
there from here. What you must do instead is use the rpc functions. They
work in the current snapshot. See src/dblib/unittests/rpc.c for an example.

Regards,

out such orders and/or instructions.

  • RE: [freetds] Stored Procedure Output Parameters Not Being Return ed, Lowden, James K, 05/09/2003