freetds - RE: [freetds] Argue with the compiler?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Hirsch, Jonathan" <jonathan.hirsch AT gs.com>
  • To: 'Chris Eleveld' <ihermit2 AT yahoo.com>, "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Argue with the compiler?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:18:20 -0400

No the file system is local. It's not NFS mounted . I can write there when
logged in normally. I'm running the configure script as root.

(5874) # /bin/pwd
/export/opt3/tempinst/freetds-0.61

(5875) # df -k
Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t4d0s4 4127190 3528962 556957 87% /export/opt3

Further suggestions to run sh -x ./configure have produced a large output
file. From that I really still cannot see what configure is doing.
How can I make sure that I am setting _FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE variable on
the way in ?

....from the output file...

+ echo configure:2085: checking for C compiler default output
+ echo -n checking for C compiler default output...
checking for C compiler default output... ++ echo $CC -o conftest$ac_exeext
$CFL
AGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext $LIBS >&5
+ eval echo configure:2122: "$CC $CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS $LDFLAGS conftest.$ac_ext
$LI
BS >&5"
++ echo configure:2122: /opt/bin/gcc -D_FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE conftest.c
>&
5
++ exit_status=0
++ echo
+ echo configure: failed program was:
+ cat conftest.c
cat: conftest.c: No such file or directory
+ echo configure:2122: error: C compiler cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.
+ echo configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
check `config.log' for details.
check `config.log' for details.
+ exit 77
+ exit_status=77