freetds - [freetds] UTF-8 update

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] UTF-8 update
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:05:04 -0400

Reading character data [tds_get_string()] relies on the assumption that
TDS7+ data are UCS-2, and forced the caller to discriminate on is_unicode.

I'm adding tds_get_char_data(), which takes a const TDSICONVINFO*, allowing
conversion to be more intelligent (including per-column). If the pointer is
NULL, no conversion is done.

I'm leaving tds_get_string() in place for now, because it's handy,
especially for situations where its assumptions are correct, e.g. metadata
from Microsoft servers. Eventually, we'll have to strip it out, because it
wouldn't understand any other pairing, notably UTF-8 on either side.

Nothing more commited atm. Stay tuned.

out such orders and/or instructions.