freetds - RE: [freetds] First draft of API documentation completed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] First draft of API documentation completed
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:05:01 +0100

> Hello everyone,
>
> By touching seemingly half the files in the tree, I have Doxygen
> generating the beginnings of a reference manual for FreeTDS.
> Brian had
> done a pilot with libtds. I've generalized his work and
> expanded on it.
> We now have:
>
> * Brian's original work.
> * Every db-lib (except bcp) function documented.
> * Automatic generation of the reference manual in the nightly
> snapshot.
> * "make install" installs the documentation in
> PREFIX/share/doc/freetds/.
> In that directory are two more: "userguide" and "reference". You can
> guess what they are.
>
> You can see for yourself at http://www.freetds.org/reference/html/.
>
> Comments and feedback welcome, as usual.

Good. Separation for dblib and libtds are very good.
Well, Brian start this stuff but may people contributed.
If compiled with 1.2.14 version many other functions are taken into account
(like tds_submit_queryf in libtds/Query). Is possible to reenable these not
fully documented function ?
So we can check reference if a function is not documented...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."