freetds - RE: [freetds] Including the sources

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'f.vondaak AT gingco.net'" <f.vondaak AT gingco.net>, "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Including the sources
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:50:25 +0100

> Hello !
>
> I'm writing a KDE-"QueryAnalyzer" for connecting MS-SQL
> Databases (C++).
> The application uses nearly the same functionalitiy as
> "src/apps/tsql.c".
>
> I've developed it, using the freetds-0.60-package and
> everything works great !
> Yesterday, I've upgraded the freetds-Package to 0.61 - after
> this, nothing
> worked anymore, because of many changes in the freetds-package.
> After modifing my tool to work with the new freetds-version, the
> message-handler does not work very well, anymore, because
> there is no more
> TDSMSGINFO in the TDSSOCKET-structure - I needed this in my tool.

My suggestion is keep up to date or use another library (like ODBC, for
example).
There was very good reasons to remove this structure from TDSSOCKET. New
method is register a callback to receive all errors.

> Now my question:
> To avoid upgrading my application on every new
> FreeTDS-Version, I would like
> to include the 0.60-tds-sources and ship them with the
> application, so that
> there are no dependencies to an already installed freetds-version.
>
> Is this possible ?

Simply use libtds 0.60 shared library and build your application with
whatever license. If you include source you have to release under GPL/LGPL
(I'm not very sure)

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."