freetds - [freetds] Including the sources

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frank von Daak <f.vondaak AT gingco.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Including the sources
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:21:16 +0100

Hello !

I'm writing a KDE-"QueryAnalyzer" for connecting MS-SQL Databases (C++).
The application uses nearly the same functionalitiy as "src/apps/tsql.c".

I've developed it, using the freetds-0.60-package and everything works great !
Yesterday, I've upgraded the freetds-Package to 0.61 - after this, nothing
worked anymore, because of many changes in the freetds-package.
After modifing my tool to work with the new freetds-version, the
message-handler does not work very well, anymore, because there is no more
TDSMSGINFO in the TDSSOCKET-structure - I needed this in my tool.

Now my question:
To avoid upgrading my application on every new FreeTDS-Version, I would like
to include the 0.60-tds-sources and ship them with the application, so that
there are no dependencies to an already installed freetds-version.

Is this possible ?

Thank you very much !

Best regards,
Frank