freetds - Re: [freetds] Using FreeTDS shared libraries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Using FreeTDS shared libraries
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:12:45 -0500

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:06:02 +0100, Klaus-Michael Köhler
<Klaus-Michael.Koehler AT siemens.com> wrote:

> I got the FreeTDS archive (version 0.61), compiled it and installed it.
> Is there any possibility to activate the libraries WITHOUT recompiling
> PHP and Apache? [At the moment we're using the precompiled binaries of
> the distribution.]

I don't see how it would be possible to use FreeTDS without compilation.
Where would the function definitions come from, the enumerated types, all
the stuff in, say, sybdb.h?

I don't know about Apache, but PHP definitely has to be recompiled before
it can know what it needs to use FreeTDS.