freetds - [freetds] Using FreeTDS shared libraries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Klaus-Michael Köhler <Klaus-Michael.Koehler AT siemens.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Using FreeTDS shared libraries
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:06:02 +0100

We like to use PHP and Apache on our web server (SuSE 8.0) to connect to a MS SQL server.
I got the FreeTDS archive (version 0.61), compiled it and installed it.
Is there any possibility to activate the libraries WITHOUT recompiling PHP and Apache? [At the moment we're using the precompiled binaries of the distribution.]
I thought, an activation should be possible because the FreeTDS archive has shared libraries installed, which could be activated at run time.

Best regards
K.M. Köhler