freetds - RE: [freetds] big commit: language command variable support added

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] big commit: language command variable support added
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:44:27 -0500

That change is based on an email I sent to the list on Feb 22 and no one commented on. It was changed in my copy, but I never committed to CVS until I made the other changes.

<https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003-February/011522.html>

Here's the relevant text (leaving out the dump file contents):

Using the latest cvs source, I'm getting a strange result from
ct_res_info after sending an insert query -- 262144 doesn't seem like
it is what should be returned. I'm using TDS 7 to connect to MS SQL
Server 7 SP3.

From the tds protocol documentation in tds.html, the packet looks
correct. What I'm getting from ct_res_info isn't, however.

Walking through the code, ct_res_info is deciding the value to return
based on tds->curr_resinfo existing. From what I can tell, this is
never set or cleared in any of the calls from ct_results() through
ct_res_info(). That appears to be the problem.

My best guess is that tds_process_result_tokens() needs to set
tds->curr_resinfo to NULL at the start and then let it get set as
needed. A number of functions called from tds_process_result_tokens
set it.

Maybe it needs to be NULLed when the result set is done?

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin