freetds - RE: [freetds] Error in make on HP UX11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Error in make on HP UX11
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:13:27 -0500

Yep, that's the ticket. The problem is:

> ld: I/O error, file "/opt/langtools/lib/pa20_64/end.o":

BTW, are you trying to compile FreeTDS for a 64-bit OS? AFAIK, FreeTDS is
64-bit clean, and we'll correct any 64-bit badness as soon as it's
identified.

I can only offer general suggestions, Ian, because you have a local setup
issue in an OS I don't use. If it turns out we could be doing something
different -- say, using more recent tools to generate the configure script,
or including another test -- I'm happy to oblige.

1. See HP or Google for the above message. I don't know whether that file
should be present, or if configure is setting (or not setting) some
flag/variable that HP UX11 requires.

2. Try Gnu's linker. I don't know if this will help or hurt; I hope
someone who does will jump in here.

3. There may well be flags you have to add to LDFLAGS or somesuch when
linking gcc output with HP's linker.

HTH.

--jkl

out such orders and/or instructions.