freetds - [freetds] help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "D. Rick Anderson" <ruger AT acsnv.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] help
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:32:44 -0800

Ok .. here goes. I'm trying to connect a RH Linux 8.0 machine to an older Sybase 6.0.3 server running on Novell. I feel that I'm close, but I just can't get over the hump here. I compiled and installed freetds 0.61, and it all seemed to go ok, but I just can't connect. I've determined that the server is responding on port 2638, so that much I have nailed down. What I'm not sure of is what tds version to use. The error I get back changes depending on what tds version I give it:

4.2:
Msg 911, Level 16, State 0, Server , Line 0
ASA Error -83: Specified database not found
Msg 4224, Level 16, State 0, Server , Line 0
ASA Error -108: Connection not found
Segmentation fault

5.0:
Msg 911, Level 16, State 0, Server , Line 0
ASA Error -83: Specified database not found
Msg 4224, Level 16, State 0, Server , Line 0
ASA Error -108: Connection not found
Segmentation fault

----- those two are the same -----

7.0:
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

8.0:
Msg 20004, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Read from SQL server failed.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

----- and those two are the same -----

Which one should I be using, and what do I need to do to get it to connect?

TIA

Rick