freetds - RE: [freetds] Registry file for win32 odbc driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Registry file for win32 odbc driver
  • Date: 10 Feb 2003 23:35:33 +0100

> please explain how did you installed the dll and all the exports you
> needed, which release did you use, to say : all the
> details i must know to do the same
>
> Gad

Well..
Some month ago (working on post 0.60 version) I started testing FreeTDS
with some tools (DBD::Sybase, DBD::ODBC and others). However I didn't
find a good (and automatic) test for ODBC (DBD::ODBC use few functions).
So I decided to compile FreeTDS ODBC driver under win32 and test with
some windows programs I developed (and some other too).
I opened msvc6, create a project add odbc sources file and all other
required. I configured config.h manually and do some adjustement (like
errno uses). Finally wrote .def file (cause driver did not work...).
To add the driver to the system I simply open regedit, copied SQL Server
configuration changing name (from SQL Server to FreeTDS) and modifying
path.
To check programs I used DSN-less connection (having the source is easy
to modify the connect code...). So I detected and fixed some problem
(something related to MS DM bugs but mainly FreeTDS ODBC problems or
missing).

I think it's all...