freetds - RE: [freetds] proposed fix to SQLGetTypeInfo in odbc.c

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] proposed fix to SQLGetTypeInfo in odbc.c
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:11:12 +0100

> Kind list readers
>
> I found an issue in SQLGetTypeInfo (odbc.c). It is calling
> a stored procedure sp_datatype_info to retrieve information
> about supported ODBC types. Right now it calls the procedure
> with either zero or one argument. The second argument is
> not specified, and takes its default value -- ODBCVer = 2.
>
> Well ODBC Version 2 doesn't support SQL_TIMESTAMP etc. I
> propose a change as follows (simply adding the odbc version as "3"
> to the call to sp_datatype_info):

Not acceptable. Sybase do not have ODBC version parameters...

However this should be fixed, so another solution is to check for MS (and
version)...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."