freetds - [freetds] Newbie Q - Simple Socket Handshake?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craft, Steve" <SCraft AT LegionInsurance.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Newbie Q - Simple Socket Handshake?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:00:10 -0500

Title: Newbie Q - Simple Socket Handshake?

Brand new newbie here, please be gentle.

I want to replicate, at the most basic level, the opening transmission that a SQL Server service makes.  I am trying to create a simple "the server is up" app, something beyond just connecting to the service port.

If this was SMTP, I'd read the RFC and send/receive my ASCII accordingly (which I have done in the past).  But it ain't, so here I am.  :)

Help?