freetds - Re: [freetds] release protocol

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] release protocol
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:35:23 -0500 (EST)

Jim, if you feel 0.61 is ready or practically ready then move directly to
an rc1, the pre's were always feature incomplete "sync points" for those
who wanted between release code in pseudo-stable form.

I generally gave rc candidates about a week to turn with problems and
figured if nothing showed up, then nothing was wrong or no one care. But,
let everyone know how long they have to report bugs before final.

I'd say branch the candidate, then check out the tagged version in a clean
dir do a make dist and then move tags forward for any bug fixes (shouldn't
be any right ;-)

I always marked rc candidates with the final version because I didn't want
to make *any* changes going from rc(max(x)) to final, but that's a matter
of taste I think.