freetds - Re: [freetds] php, freetds and cron

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Hans Lang <hal AT mmg.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] php, freetds and cron
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:58:32 +0100

Hi,

you wrote: "You could put something in your script to make it wait."
is it possible, that theres a strange timeout condition? TDSDUMPCONFIG didnt do it, but it writes just a handfull of bytes, TDSDUMP wrote a log-file of about a megabyte. that may have slowed down the conversation. but why does this problem occur only in cronjobs? And i cant think of any other way toi slow down a "mssql_connect()"-call.

does setting TDSDUMPCONFIG close or clean up anything? or does it a cwd?

if you cant believe it, we shurely would find a way to let you have a look on the real server.

for now i use your hint "export TDSDUMP=/dev/null".

thank you,
hans

P.S. In my first posting i wrote that wgetting the script doesnt work either. that was wrong! i tried it again and it worked. the problem remains only in cron-jobs, but export= sounds better, because i mustnt make the script accessible for the web-server.