freetds - RE: [freetds] php, freetds and cron

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] php, freetds and cron
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:33:56 -0500

Hans,

It defies belief. If I didn't like you, I'd say you were playing with my
head. I rechecked the code and didn't find anything that hints at the
behavior you describe.

Does your freetds.conf include anything about logging? Is it possible that
FreeTDS tries to open an invalid dump file or something?

The only thing I can suggest is hard. You could put something in your
script to make it wait. Launch it with cron(8), attach to the process with
gdb, and trace the connection logic. Something's going wrong somewhere.

Actually, I have an easy solution, too. "export TDSDUMP=/dev/null" in your
crontab and let your successor scratch his head.

Regards,

--jkl